Active security system
- The active security system monitors the system while it is running
- Alerts the user about dangers and problems (in an attention-grabbing way)
- Reacts to security incidents
- Reactive firewall
- Samhain running to detect changes to the system.
Low-power bootup mode
- Tries to conserve power as much as possible
High-temperature bootup mode
- Tries to reduce temp of computer for use in high-temp environments
Periodic MAC address changing
- Network issues caused by this?
Mail client with GPG support
- Research secure mail clients (Claws?)
- Find video player with good security track record
Persistent storage for LiveUSB
SSHFS-mounted persistent storage
Encrypted disks and images
NetworkManager VPN support
- The Add button in the applet is greyed out in nm-applet. Probably a problem with dbus permissions.
NetworkManager or networking wizards
Run occupyOS as a VPN host/gateway
Bridge networks (improve on "Connection Sharing" option)
Network gateway mode
- User picks one connection as the WAN connection and sets up optional dhcp and DNS.
Transparent network proxy/VPN
Easy LiveUSB creator (syslinux method)
- Windows and Linux support
- Still offer hybridiso mode as an option