Main Page for the OtherOS++ Project
irc.gitbrew.org (ssl) #otheros - Official IRC channel for OtherOS++ support.
- Updated packages
- Added PS3 Versions.
- Updated links + updated all packages with latest from glevand.
- Edited links and updating readmes + tutorials.
- HDD installation for all models
- Vlash install methods are depreciated
- NAND model support added
- Added CFW 3.30 Added video tutorials - http://gititbit.ch/tube
- ps3vflash: enabled raw access to VFLASH region 0 - dbtImage.ps3.bin
- Petitboot is now able to boot Linux from the CUI menu - updated dtbImage.ps3.bin
- Automagic script to setup a full linux install - initimg.sh
- PS3 Dual Boot GameOS/Linux CFW 3.41 - 3.41 with SS Patches. 1/2 hdd to OtherOS++
- PS3 Dual Boot GameOS/Linux CFW 3.55 - 3.55 with SS Patches. 1/2 hdd to OtherOS++
- PS3 Dual Boot GameOS/Linux CFW 3.55 22GB - 22GB to OtherOS++, no SS patches
- PS3 Dual Boot GameOS/Linux CFW 3.55 1/8th - 1/8th of the drive will be for GameOS, SS patches
- PS3 Dual Boot GameOS/Linux CFW 3.55 SPECIAL - QA Flag CFW with SS patches, Can be used to downgrade your ps3 from 3.55 to lower firmwares.
- dump_flash.pkg (dump NAND flash on USB0001)
- dump_flash_ptab.pkg (dump NAND flash on USB0001 ; ptab)
- dump_sysrom.pkg (dump syscon eeprom on USB0001)
- get_applicable_version.pkg (to get the low/high version lock via Debug UDP)
- qa_flag.pkg (to enable QA)
- qa_flag_extra.pkg (to enable QA with downgrade)
- reset_qa_flag.pkg (to reset the QA flags back to default)
- clone.sh - clones all repos from git.gitbrew.org/ps3/
- kboot.conf - kboot.conf to go in your linux /etc/
- restore_vflash.sh - restore_vflash.sh
- PS3 Linux Kernel 060411 - PS3 Linux Kernel 06/04/11
- Into HV integrated OtherOS bootloader loader (compatible with OtherOS bootloader on 3.15)
- OtherOS bootloader is booted directly from HV, no GameOS is involved.
- Process of booting OtherOS bootloader loader is very similar to 3.15 method
- Booting Linux from HDD/USB/BD/Network
- Linux with GameOS rights
- Full access to all HV SS services (Dispatcher Manager) from GameOS or Linux
- Full access to all System Manager services
- Ability to create/modify/remove repository nodes in LPAR 1 (e.g. with ps3dm-utils or ps3hvc-utils).
- This ability gives you much power over the whole system because many layers of PS3 use repository nodes to exchange information.
- Enabled QA mode in Update Manager
- Downgrading without USB dongle or Service Mode
- Ability to deactivate/activate HDD/VFLASH encryption (e.g. with ps3stor-utils)
- Support for ps3-utils. You can flash new OtherOS bootloader from Linux e.g.
Reports state if you flag your ps3 you will lose all psn .act files making any bought psn content unuseable (warning: these are dev tools, remember this.)
Do not use these pups if you play games via backup managers of your legal games. You will get trophy errors. You need this patch to use ps3dm,sm, and other ps3 dev tools. We're currently working on a patch in petitboot so it only runs when you use linux and not mess with GameOS backup managers -> use dispmgr_access.sh
Referenced from http://www.gitbrew.org/otheros/
PS3 Fat (NAND):
- CECHA = 256MB
- CECHB = 256MB
- CECHC = 256MB
- CECHE = 256MB
- CECHG = 256MB
PS3 Fat (NOR):
- CECHH = 16MB
- CECHJ = 16MB
- CECHK = 16MB
- CECHL = 16MB
- CECHM = 16MB
- CECHP = 16MB
- CECHQ = 16MB
PS3 Slim (NOR):
- CECH-20..A = 16MB
- CECH-20..B = 16MB
- CECH-21..A = 16MB
- CECH-21..B = 16MB
- CECH-250.A = 16MB
- CECH-250.B = 16MB
- CECH-251.A = 16MB
- CECH-251.B = 16MB
256MB = NAND, 16 = NOR. Follow Accordingly
Install OtherOS on HDD (for all PS3 models)
All tools are here: http://gitbrew.org/~glevand/ps3/ NOTICE: All my tools should beep. If you don't get beep during one of the steps below then stop doing anything and contact me. I will help. OtherOS++ support: irc.gitbrew.org (ssl) #otheros ALL PS3 MODELS ARE SUPPORTED !!! 1. Install my latest CFW 2. When installation is finished, reboot in Recovery Mode (not the Backup/Restore in XMB) and choose "Restore PS3 System" 3. Now your GameOS should use only the half of your HDD (Currently working on a better approach) 4. Run setup_flash_for_otheros.pkg (for all PS3 models) 5. Reboot (It's important to shut down and turn on your PS3) 6. Store dtbImage.ps3.bin on USB drive, plug it in and run install_otheros.pkg (NAND owners should use dtbImage.ps3.bin.minimal, rename it to dtbImage.ps3.bin). Try different USB ports if you don't get any beeps. 7. Run boot_otheros.pkg 8. Run reboot.pkg (use the package, not manually reboot!) 9. You should be in petitboot now. Exit from CUI to shell or switch to another virtual console. 10. Run script create_hdd_region.sh 11. Reboot and boot petitboot again 12. You should see now new HDD device on petitboot, /dev/ps3dd. That's your OtherOS HDD region. Don't touch any other HDD regions if you don't know what you are doing. Use only ps3dd device for your Linux installation. Use parted to partition it and create GPT partition table on ps3dd. GPT is supported by both, Linux and FreeBSD. Be warned, if you damage your GameOS HDD region, GameOS will reformat HDD and remove your Linux HDD region in the process. You have to do the above steps again. Don't mess with GameOS HDD region and GameOS won't mess with your OtherOS HDD region.
For users who installed OtherOS on VFLASH region 7 previously
You have to restore your VFLASH before doing the above steps. Be warned, this step is NOT for NAND owners. 1. Install my latest petitboot 2. Boot petitboot 3. Run script restore_vflash.sh 4. Reboot. GameOS should reformat your HDD again.
Partition the PS3 Drive
- NOTE: If you plan on installing Debian or Ubuntu using a gitbrew installer. Skip this step. It will handle it for you. Otherwise proceed.
1. parted /dev/ps3dd 2. mklabel gpt 3. mkpart primary 0% 2GB 4. print 5. mkpart primary 2GB (the rest of the hard drive here.) 6. quit.
In case you need it: full manual of Parted
You may now continue to PS3:Linux